Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Eat Low Sodium Foods, Reduce heart attacks by 155,000!

As I was reading this article, I came across a very interest data published in the New England Journal of Medicine.

"If typical Americans cut a modest amount of salt from their daily diet, there would be an estimated 155,000 fewer heart attacks and strokes annually, according to a study published last month"

The article can be read here:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-0216-salt--20100215,0,5620875.story

2 comments:

Umit Dogan Demir said...

I agree with you Abby. What matters in the end is your body's response to a diet. A diet can be useful for thousands of people but if you do not like how you feel after following it, you should not do it.

Anonymous said...

I found a website that sells only LOW and NO SODIUM FOODS- www.heartwisefoods.com They have some great seasonings that I used to get us cooking after my husband suffered conjestive heart failure. Keep off the salt everyone-it has so many long term bad side effects for people. Start your kids off with NO SALT SHAKER-eliminate it from your home and they will grow up with alternatives(spices and herbs) to salt.